Labels

Jade Goody's phone was also hacked

London, Sept 24 (PTI) Jade Goody, the celebrity Big Brother contestant who gained notorious popularity after abusing Indian actress Shilpa Shetty on the sets of the reality show in 2007, was also a victim of phone-hacking, Goody's mother has said. Goody died of cancer in 2009 aged 27. Her abusive treatment of Shilpa Shetty on the reality show brought her into public spotlight. Goody then went to India, apologised, and appeared on the Indian version of Big Brother, called Big Boss, in 2008. Jackiey Budden, her mother, today alleged that both her and her daughter's phone were hacked. Max Clifford, the PR consultant who handled Goodys public relations after she was diagnosed with cancer, said: She (Jackiey) will be going to the police. She believes her phone was hacked by the News of the World, and Jade's. Jade told me 'I'm convinced my phone is being hacked'. Clifford said Goody was convinced calls she made to her mother in August 2008 from the Big Brother set in India to tell her she had cancer had been hacked. She said to me 'I think my phone is being bugged', he told The Guardian. Jade had said to me on many occasions that someone had been bugging her phone because of stuff that was coming out in the papers. She would say, 'I've had these conversations and there's no way any of these people would have revealed them', added Clifford. This was all while she was ill. I think it's absolutely disgusting. Clifford said that in the months between being diagnosed and her death in March 2009, there was a feeding frenzy and immense interest in getting exclusives about her personal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment