Labels

Shah Rukh wants to build public utilities for women

 Mumbai, Sep 28 (PTI) Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan, whose ambitious venture Ra.One releases next month, wants to build public utilities for women, through his own investment. My choice of investment would be in public utilities for women all around the country, in small towns and villages. That is what I want to do. I want to dedicate my life to the cause. I want dignity and respect to be brought to women, the actor said. I am going to earn enough money so that I don't have to ask an industrialist or a political party or anyone. I will do it on my own, Shah Rukh said, at the 'Express Adda', part of a series of conversations with newsmakers, hosted by the Indian Express, here last night. The superstar said he would like to undertake the project as a social service cause. I think I am trying to follow it, it's a very small thing. But when I was young and I used to drive on the highways, I had this issue. This (public utilities for women) is a very small issue really, so I don't think I need to be a prime minister for (accomplishing) that. I will be able to sort it out in the next five-six years. But I want to do it with my money. I want to do it through my films. I want to sell my soul if need be. I will get the money, he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment